As the name indicates, this contest is for the KWC First K (or first 1000 words) of a polished piece.
Whether you write young adult Science Fiction, Chick Lit, or Memoir, you are welcome to enter our First K Contest. Please check the submission guidelines thoroughly before submitting.
Anyone who is registered for the conference and has paid for an entry.
Each entry is $10. You may enter as many times as you like, as long as you have paid for the entry in our store here: https://kanabwritersconference.com/product/writing-contest-entry/
Entries that are not paid for will be discarded.
Our contest is unique, in that readers and community members from Kanab and surrounding areas will be the judges for this contest, as well as experienced authors from around the writing community. They’ll have adjudication sheets uniform judging criteria across categories. You’ll receive feedback from all judges who read your entry at the conclusion of the conference.
- 12 pt. font
- Times New Roman font
- 1 inch margins, double-spaced
- no identifying information (if writing memoir, please use a pseudonym)
- header containing title of entry, but no names
- entry must be less than 1000 words (footnotes/endnotes don’t count, if writing nonfiction)
- please use file formats that are .doc, .docx, or google docs only
- entries must be submitted through the google form by midnight of October 1st
The winner in each category will be given a cash prize. The top three winners in each category will have the option of printing their entry in an anthology that will be published as part of the self-publishing seminar at the conclusion of the conference. Additional prizes may be added, such as “Get out of the slush free” cards.
Absolutely. Just click the link below and you’ll see a copy of the form that we’ll be using.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.